International UN Volunteers
International UN Volunteer serve in a country other than their own and are recruited for specialized inputs to development or humanitarian programmes.
The requirements to become an International UN Volunteer vary depending on the specific assignment. Please consult the Terms of Reference for each specific post prior to applying. In general, however, one could list the following as minimum requirements:
- Bachelor or Masters degree, or technical/vocational diploma
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience
- At least age 25 when taking up an assignment
- Good working knowledge of English
- Complementary mix of professional expertise, volunteer spirit, dedication and motivation to share technical knowledge and skills.If you have free will, commitment, and want to engage and express solidarity for peace and development, you are welcome to join us as a UN Volunteer.
Register in the Global Talent Pool
You can register your profile in our Global Talent Pool.
Profiles from the Talent Pool are then matched with assignments offered by UN partner agencies. Approximately 2,000 assignments become available per year. Most assignments are filled through the Global Talent Pool without being advertised. Only special calls for assignments in highly specialized areas or in high demand are advertised via this website (scroll down the page.)
Please register on our Global Talent Pool:
More information: https://www.unv.org/become-volunteer/volunteer-abroad